So I have asked myself this question many times, but sadly history has proven to me that there is no answer! Why, again I ask WHY are people rewarded for not doing their jobs? Throughout my working life, it seems that this is a constant trend that never fails to show its ugly face. Numerous times people decide not to show up to work, or to do a sloppy job and their laziness is disregarded. It seems that individuals now are rewarded for making wrong appear right, or for striking fear in their leaders that the world will come crashing to a disastrous end if they are disciplined for not doing their duties. The lack of real leadership or basic principles in the workplace is astounding. Where have standards and respectability gone?
Laziness is a choice, not a right. It is a sign of incompetence and sheer stupidity. Why would someone knowingly drag their way through life that way? Since history is doomed to repeat itself, and some people will be passed over just because they seem on the surface to do an OK job, that makes me want to work that much harder to be efficient and successful. Anne Frank said: "Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction." This is so true, even though there are times when I am discouraged and frustrated with what is happening, I will work hard. Because I won't be happy with myself until I do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW, very well written. It's so true, and unfortunately I've been seeing it since my first job throwing newspapers. I wish it would change, but, like you said, history will repeat itself.
ReplyDeleteThanks Dad! I wish it would change too!!
ReplyDelete